Internal Auditor Training
ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
3 days course (3 Day coursework including 2 1/2 hour 100-questions MCQ examination)
This course primarily equips individuals to audit BCM readiness using the ISO22301 standard as an internal (first, second and third party) auditor. This course is also relevant to any financial or IT auditors responsible for BCM. A BCM-ready business is highly regarded and prized as a supplier, largely because this company is deemed a reliable and sustainable partner for both the short and long haul. Becoming BCM-ready is a process businesses providing essential services to others cannot ignore, whether required as part of legal obligations stipulated in request for proposal (RFP)/ tender, or it is part of the corporate culture and ethos of the supplying organization.
BCM Institute’s BCM-8031 internal audit course provides the audit framework that enables companies to develop and enhance their audit capabilities so as to meet its business requirement. This is primarily achieved through the equipping of internal auditors and Organization BCM Coordinators with the requisite skills, tools and knowledge to plan, control and eventually lead BCM-related audits in accordance with the requirements of ISO 22301 Standard.
The 3 day course would cover the following topics, which the participants should be able to master by the following:
- • Have in-depth understanding of the fundamentals for Business Continuity Management with alignment to ISO22301.
- • Learn the principles and practices of internal audit for a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- • Walkthrough the entire audit process of people, policies and processes from managing an audit program, controlling audit activities to reporting on audit results.
- • Able to interpret and understand the framework and audit requirement of the ISO 22301 BCM standard.
- • Understand the function and purpose of ISO 22301, the BCM values and standards required of the company and its executives.
- • Review the leadership and management commitment for the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- • Translate the requirements of ISO 22301 into a program for auditing BCM within the company.
- • Understand the Element of BC Program or BCM planning methodology with the ISO 22301, their risks and controls.
- • Highlight the principles and practices for performing an internal audit of the BCM program and/or BCM System.
- • Equip skill, knowledge and tools to plan, control and manage internal audits.
- • Report results to the company’s BCM Steering Committee and/or Executive Management about the compliance to practices, or any shortfall.
Who should attend?
- • Internal and external auditors conducting BCM audits.
- • Financial and IT auditors performing BCM compliance or regulatory audits.
- • Consultants performing first, second and third party audit for clients.
- • Any professionals assigned to audit or review the BCM policies & activities based on the ISO22301 standard.
- • Employees or consultants in EHS, Security, HR, IT, Risk & Compliance functions and are new to ISO22301 and BCM.
- • You are a business partner or service provider of essential services to any organization of which the disruption of such a service provided by you would be of catastrophic consequences to that organization.
The Business Continuity Certified Auditor or BCCA certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed their BCCA examination. This qualification is based on the applicant’s BCM skill and work experience, and is awarded by BCM Institute’s Certification & Review Committee comprising industry practitioners and subject matter experts.
This course incorporates a 100 Multiple Choice Question electronic exam on the third day. Candidates who achieve with a passing score of 70% or higher are eligible to apply for the BCM Institute's Business Continuity Certified Auditor or BCCA accreditation.
For more details or any course registration please contact: