ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS)
"ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Managing risk to reduce accidents, comply with legislation and improve performance"
Many organizations are implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as part of their risk management strategy to address changing legislation and protect their workforce.
An OHSMS promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organization to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance.
ISO45001 is the internationally recognized assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems. It was developed by a selection of leading trade bodies, international standards and certification bodies to address a gap where no third-party certifiable international standard exists.
ISO45001 has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, to help your organization meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner.
The following key areas are addressed by ISO45001:
- • Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- • Health & Safety management program
- • Structure and responsibility
- • Training, awareness and competence
- • Consultation and communication
- • Operational control
- • Emergency preparedness and response
- • Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
Who is it relevant to?
ISO45001 can be adopted by any organization wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers and the general public.
Why choose us?
Our knowledge and experience of the standards is unsurpassed. We understand how to fully exploit the benefits of your quality management system to ensure you unlock the true potential in your organization.
In a competitive marketplace, your customers are looking for more than just keen pricing from their suppliers. Companies need to demonstrate that their businesses are managed efficiently and responsibly and that they can provide a reliable service without excessive downtime caused by work-related accidents and incidents.
Certifying your ISO 45001 management system enables your organization to prove that it conforms to the specification and provides the following benefits:
- • Potential reduction in the number of accidents
- • Potential reduction in downtime and associated costs
- • Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance
- • Demonstration to stakeholders of your commitment to health and safety
- • Demonstration of an innovative and forward thinking approach
- • Increased access to new customers and business partners
- • Better management of health and safety risks, now and in the future
- • Potential reduced public liability insurance costs
For more information please complete an online enquiry form or contact us